Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:How do I register for a course?
Does simply registering for a course guarantee my spot?
How many Physical Education courses can I register for?
What if the class I want to register for is full?
Can I take the same class twice for credit?
How do I register for a course?To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Enrollment Card - click the Add to Enrollment Card button on the Course Information page to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Add More Courses button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Register for Selected Courses - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Card, click the Register Now button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment (if applicable) - enter your payment information then click the Submit Payment button.
- Registration Confirmed - the Registration Confirmation page now opens notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Does simply registering for a course guarantee my spot?Yes and No.
For courses without a fee, simply registering does guarantee you a spot in the course. However, students registered for a class must attend the first session to hold their spots. If a student does not attend the first class, they may be deleted from the roster.
For courses with a fee, registration only does not guarantee you a spot in the course. The only way to guarantee a spot in a course is to register and pay the course registration fee.
How many Physical Education courses can I register for?You may register for two (2) Physical Education courses per semester. Your registration is date/time stamped, therefore if you register for more than two courses you will be dropped from the courses in reverse order.
What if the class I want to register for is full?A participant may choose to be added to the waiting list, free of charge, for any course which has already reached its maximum enrollment. If space becomes available in the course those on the waiting list will be notified in the order in which they were listed. Participants on the waiting list are not obligated to register if/when a space becomes available. We encourage participants to add their names to the waiting list for courses they are interested in, since this can be a factor in whether or not new sections of the course are added to the schedule.
Add/Drop PolicyThe Department of Physical Education follows the guidelines set forth by the Registrar's Office.
Spring 2020 Add/Drop Schedule
Prior to January 20th: DROP WITH NO PENALTY
January 20th - January 24th: $25 LATE DROP FEE
After January 24th: $50 LATE DROP FEE
* Three consecutive unexcused absences (without communication with the instructor or PE Department) by any student will imply that the student no longer intends to continue with the class and will (a)automatically be dropped from the class roster, and (b) assessed a $50 late drop fee.
* Once a class has started you cannot drop the course online and must contact the Physical Education Department.